2022 Junior Group Leader Application
Applications Close: COB 20/12/21
The Academy is an initiative of the CMAA and is the leading program for training, mentoring and development in the Australian Country music industry. The goal of The Academy is to increase the professionalism and skills of emerging country music artists and musicians. We do this by creating a bridge between a student’s existing skills and those of professional mentors, with the emphasis on encouraging creativity.
The Academy Junior course provides a seven-day residential program, held at the Liberty School Campus, Tamworth NSW, with accommodation provided at Redhill Tamworth. Students receive intense tuition in every aspect of country music including performance, songwriting, musicianship, working in a group and harmony singing. There are opportunities to co-write in one-on-one sessions with professional songwriters, co-write with fellow students, network with professional artists and get a first class foundation course in country music, as well as creating an extended friendship network that is unique in the music industry. Parents and guardians also receive a unique foundation music business course suited to managing their child’s musical future. The course is aimed at helping parents/guardians understand the music industry and how best to help their talented children develop their skills.
To be a group leader requires:
- Organisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Song arrangement skills
- Instrumental skills for songwriting and performance
- The ability to give performance advice
A group leader:
- Is a mentor who helps their students work towards the performance of their song for the graduation concert
- Helps arrange a group item for their group to perform at the graduation concert
- Delivers career advice to parents of students
- Helps their group to hone their skills as musicians, singers, songwriters & performers
- Curates the group’s setlist / graduation performance
- Encourages teamwork and helps build confidence
- Attends staff meetings, workshops and warm-ups during The Academy
- Takes direction from senior staff members
- Has a current Working With Children Check
The Junior Academy 2022 will run from Sat 2 July through to Fri 8 July. If selected, you will be required to attend for the entire 7 days. Accommodation and all meals will be provided.
Remuneration: $1750 (plus $100 travel allowance for those outside the Tamworth LGA) plus GST if applicable.