SENIOR INSTRUMENTAL COURSE – January 5th-18th 2019
Applications Open NOW!
This course presents a unique opportunity for musicians to attend the Academy at the Senior level and learn many aspects of professional instrumental performance. The selected musicians will form the onstage and rehearsal band for the Senior Academy and will perform at the two live performances backing all the student performances. The selected players will be tutored by some of the very best studio and session musicians in Australia in all aspects of playing for recording sessions, playing live, writing and organising charts and working towards a live performance. This is a unique opportunity for any musician to launch their career in the lucrative world of Country Music. No other genre in Australia employs as many session and live musicians as the Country Music Industry today.
Instrumentalists who have attended the Academy in the past have performed and toured with the leading artists of Country Music both here in Australia and overseas. There are opportunities for drummers, bass players, guitarists both acoustic and electric as well as ‘colour’ instrumentalists of all types such as banjo, mandolin, fiddle, dobro, harmonica, keyboards, lap steel and pedal steel. This is a unique opportunity to get more involved in real career opportunities, to create a network of contacts and to perform in front of the entire Country Music Industry .
Fees include: 14 nights accommodation, all meals, tuition and master classes.
Location: Calrossy School Campus, Brisbane Street, Tamworth NSW.
Course Fee: Instrumentalist Course: $3300* includes GST
• There are scholarship funding opportunities available – please email us for information.
• The Academy of Country Music courses will also be open to past Senior Academy graduates.
*After successful application, students will be required to pay a 20% deposit on acceptance, with the balance payable no later than November 30th 2018.
If you have any queries about the courses please contact us HERE
2019 Applications Open:
2019 Applications Close: 30th October 2018
Late applications will not be accepted.
Applications must include:
- The Official Application Form.
- A low resolution jpg colour photo. This cannot exceed 2 MB in file size. Please note that this image will be used for all publicity and promotional purposes throughout your Academy journey.
- At least 1 x MP3 files of your recordings or live performances. Applicants should consider the quality of their recordings as you will be assessed on these recordings. We’d like to hear your playing feature in band work or solo or your own recordings. We need to get a good picture of your abilities and special talents. For example if you are a lead guitarist you should include some lead guitar solos as well as your group playing backing up singers. Please ensure that you’ve mentioned exactly what you’re playing on the recording.
- YouTube URL and/or Website URL for upload as per online instructions.
CLICK HERE for a How to Apply PacK