About The Junior Course
The emphasis is on nurturing different styles within the broad definition of Country Music today. This course runs for eight days culminating in a Graduation concert in front of a live audience.
The students will receive intense tuition in many aspects of Country Music including performance, songwriting, musicianship, working in a group and harmony singing. There are opportunities to co-write with other students and professional songwriters, network with professional artists and get a first class foundation course in Country Music. Parents and guardians receive a business course ideally suited to managing your child’s musical future. Topics covered include:
- Career building
- Working in a group environment
- Concert preparation
- Harmony singing
- Much more………
Fees include: 8 nights accommodation, for the student and a parent or guardian, all meals, tuition and master classes.
Location: Calrossy School Campus, Brisbane Street, Tamworth NSW.
Dates: Arrive Saturday, 7th July 2018 between 10am – 12pm and depart Sunday, 15th July 2018 at 10am
Fee: Junior Course: $2,500 inc gst
If you have any queries about the course please contact us HERE
After successful application, students will be required to pay a deposit on acceptance in order to hold your place. The balance will be payable prior to 02 June 2018.
Applications must include:
- Official Application Form.
- A medium resolution .jpg colour photo. This cannot exceed 2 MB in file size. Please note that this photo will be used for all publicity and promotion throughout your academy journey.
- At least 1 x MP3 files of your song, recording or live performance. Applicants should consider the quality of their recording as you will be assessed on these recordings. A good quality studio recording with acoustic guitar and vocal is often preferable to a ‘live’ recording.
- YouTube URL and/or website URL for upload as per online instructions.
- Songwriters will also need to have attached lyrics.
- A referral letter from an existing country music practitioner (Producer, songwriter, performer, Festival organiser) is a valuable asset when applying.
CLICK HERE for a How to Apply Pack
This course runs concurrently with the Junior course. It is designed to help parents and guardians to assist their talented child through the next few stages of managing a successful country music career. It’s a highly social setting allowing plenty of time for networking and collaborative input. You will meet many industry professionals and come away with a clear understanding of what to do and what not to do for your talented child. This is a unique addition to the Junior Academy.
CLICK HERE for more info on the parent course