The Junior Course runs from Saturday 4th July – Sunday 12th July 2020. Applications for 2020 are OPEN!
About The Junior Academy (incorporating the Parent course)
The emphasis is on nurturing different styles within the broad definition of Country Music today. This course runs for eight days culminating in a Graduation concert in front of a live audience.Students will receive intense tuition in every aspect of Country Music including performance, songwriting, musicianship, working in a group and harmony singing. There are opportunities to co-write with other students and for one-on-one sessions with professional songwriters, network with professional artists and get a first class foundation course in Country Music. Parents and guardians also receive a unique business course suited to managing your child’s musical future. Topics for Junior Students include:
- Career building
- Working in a group environment
- Concert preparation
- Harmony singing
- Much more………
As students in the Junior course are accompanied by a parent or guardian, a separate course especially designed for parents is available while they are with their children in Tamworth at the Academy.
The course is aimed at helping parents understand the music industry and how to help their talented children develop skills.
For Junior students who want to develop a professional career, this course is invaluable for parents. It enables parents to understand how to assist their children in developing a career path.
Guest speakers cover topics as diverse as:
• Managing your child’s career and expectations
• How to write a bio and a media release
• What a venue expects of an artist
• When is your child ready to record?
• Self Management
The course is educational, informative and interactive. Parents are encouraged to contribute ideas, share experiences and develop a support network for the future.
This unique parent course at the CMAA Academy of Country Music has been universally acclaimed by parents as a hands-on, down to earth, common sense eye-opening course for self management.
Fees include: 8 nights accommodation, for the student and a parent or guardian, all meals, tuition and master classes.
Location: Calrossy School Campus, 145 Brisbane Street, Tamworth NSW.
Dates: Arrive midday on the 4th July 2020 and depart 9.30am 12th July 2020
Fee: Junior Course: $3,300 inc GST
If you have any queries about the course please contact us HERE
After successful application, students will be required to pay a deposit on acceptance in order to hold your place. The balance will be payable prior to 01 June 2020.
Applications must include:
- Official Application Form
- A medium resolution .jpg colour photo. This cannot exceed 2 MB in file size. Please note that this photo will be used for all publicity and promotion throughout your academy journey
- At least 1 x MP3 files of your song, recording or live performance. Applicants should consider the quality of their recording as you will be assessed on these recordings. A good quality studio recording with acoustic guitar and vocal is often preferable to a ‘live’ recording
- YouTube URL and/or website URL for upload as per online instructions
- Songwriters will also need to have attached lyrics
- A reference from an existing country music practitioner (producer, songwriter, performer, festival organiser,teacher) is a valuable asset when applying
CLICK HERE for a How to Apply Pack